Auspit was invented and introduced by Rhett Thompson. Rhett wanted to create a system to make outdoor cooking easy and effective and above all being capable of producing food that tastes to its best ability. The spitmate is the product that really expands the system and caters the imagination. A stainless steel barrel that gently tumbles, this accessory can cook vegetables to golden perfection, roast nuts or coffee beans and offcourse slices of marinated Greek lamb that make your mouth water (have a look at some Rotisserie favourites: http://pinterest.com/auspiteurope/rotisserie-recipes/). Another challenge was the concept of being able to cook the largest range of products using the least amount of equipment.
While ” spit roasting” generally conjures visions of meat in large sections, the Auspit can cater for just one person to up to 20 people. The Auspit can roast your shrimps, mussels or baby octopus in the “spitmate” as easy as a 6 kilo turkey. Auspit means a whole different dimension in BBQ and Rotisserie.
(At least) 7 Reasons why you should have an Auspit !
- Social : When you organize a dinner for your guests you can join the party. You do not have to keep turning the burgers or wings from the grill so they do not burn. The Auspit does the work for you!
- Delicious food : Because the spit rotates all the time, your food bastes itself, the flavours and taste will exceed your wildest expectations!
- Veggie Barbie : Because of the unique features of Auspit it is very easy to prepare vegetarian dishes. Veggies and potatoes are easily prepared in the “Spitmate” and on the “Spikes”. Just put a corncob on one of the spikes and watch it tumble!
- Ease of Use : Cooking has neven been easier. Just put in the ingredients and the Auspit will do the job. The swing away action is unique and allows you to work with it safely away from heat and smoke.
- Magical : The social setting of an Auspit far surpasses the experience of a covered BBQ. Watching your food slowly cook to perfection is a magical experience!
- Healthy : The rotisserie action rotates your preperations in their own juices. The fat will cook away. The rotating motion and lack of contact with a grilling surface help avoid blackening of your products often associated with traditional BBQ / grilling.
- Cordless : The Auspit runs on just two D Batteries for up to 150 hours, you can take it anywhere and Auspit will not let you down!